Trek to Charlotte

By | 4:02 PM Leave a Comment
Reasons why I might not want to make a day trip to Charlotte for Areyna's 4th birthday party:

1) Very steady and very cold rain forecasted for the entire day
2) Ella is sick...snot running down the face sick...
3) I would be leaving my house alone to 15 high school boys

Reasons (actually just one main reason) why I just throw caution to the wind and take the day trip:

1) My daughter is so excited about this birthday party that she has slept with the invitation for a week solid...waking me up at 2am because she couldn't find her "burfday card" that had slipped down the crack alongside her bed.

Can you honestly tell me that you could say no to that kind of anticipation?

So, despite the obstacles...

Kelly and I headed to Charlotte this weekend with kids in tow for some birthday party action!

Here are some pictures of our adventure:

Can I just say that I am in love with a mini-van that has a DVD player!









Ezra was the lone boy on the trip...I think he was hiding here...












Tasha knows how to throw a great Tinkerbell party =)












Meme time! She was showing off her birthday present in the second picture...a snuggie! I think that deserves a whole post of its own at a later time =)












That was one "packed-n-played" pac-n-play!













Nemo was the movie of choice on the ride home...and the girls needed some hand-holding moral support during the extremely scary shark scenes =)













Finally...during the ride home pit-stop...we saw an unbelievable sight. Some of you might not understand this...but I am not going to go to the trouble of explaining that to you =)

You have to look closely...

CVS and Cook Out.

Right. Next. To. Each. Other!

I'd sooo be in big trouble if I lived there =)


Yes, the day was exhausting....

Exhaustingly fun!

And, no, my house wasn't totally trashed when I got home that night...although I am wondering how to get the smell of feet and farts out of the basement?
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: