obey, walk, remember (revisited)

By | 9:13 PM Leave a Comment
I'll spare you the details, but...today was a tough day. 
(Actually, I wrote this last week and forgot to post it...)

Granted, it was tough in a totally first world kind of way. But, seeing as how I've lived in both a third and first world, I think I've earned the right to acknowledge that some days just feel tough...no matter what world you live in.

After the kids went to bed I did what I knew I needed to do. 
And no, it was not moose tracks and netflix...though I was sorely tempted.

I re-read (for the thousandth time?) the words of Rachel Jankovic:

When you need encouragement, obey.
When you are tired, walk.
When you feel lost, remember.

And then I opened up my Bible and journal. 
And prayed.
And prayed some more.

Tomorrow will be a better day. (And it was.)

Not because I will be a better mom, wife, friend. 
I'm a hopeless wreck who loses her cool at her kids, forgets birthdays, and gets snarky with her very undeserving husband. And that's just the acceptable to share on the blog bad stuff.

No, tomorrow will be better because He is better. 
And He is with me. 
And because of Him, I'll keep obeying, walking, and remembering.


But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not grow faint.
Isaiah 40:31
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: