Welcome 2018

By | 4:15 PM Leave a Comment
Yeah, it's been a bit quiet here for...well...months.

Not to be confused with a life that has been quiet.

Anything but.

Life is full, and good, and I am in such a sweet sweet spot as I welcome 2018.

My cup truly overflows.

There is no way I can even think about catching up with what I missed "documenting" here for that last bit of 2017...but I can move forward with new resolve to keep up with 2018. I love the creative process this blog brings me and I just can't bear to give it up, even if it is sporadic during seasons.


We welcomed the first morning of 2018 with a pajama pancake breakfast. I love these sleepy faces.

It was the coldest New Years day I can ever remember. And yet, it's tradition to go on a hike. We layered up (and layered up) and braved the 14 degree temps and ventured out onto a section of the Appalachian Trail near us. 

There is something so beautiful in the winter landscape.
And there is something quietly profound in giving your family a "view" of the amazing Creator we follow,
as we walk into a New Year together.

"Hey Dad, help me roll this log!"






Photo credit: Ella Hambrick
I love a new year, a new beginning. A friend of mine put it beautifully:

We are all drawn to beginning because something has been planted in our hearts from the beginning, that makes us long for the way things were in the actual beginning. (Becky Swann)

Here's to the new beginning of 2018 and all that it holds.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: