Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)

By | 7:39 AM 2 comments
I've been a little out of sorts this week due to Ezra being sick and generously sharing with me. He has all but completely lost his voice. It sounds both pitiful and adorable at the same time. I seem to be stuck in the snot generating stage of the cold.

Tis the season!

I also blame my out of sorts-ness on the fact that I have all this new found time once again, now that our paper chasing part of the adoption is done.

Applications -done
Homestudy - done
Dossier - done
Apply for adoption grants - done
Make and mail out prayer cards -done

That's a lot of done's!

Where I was spending good chunks of my afternoons (during nap and rest times) working on all the paperwork...now that it is over...I just need to get readjusted to a new schedule.

Trust me, I'm not complaining...just readjusting.

I started running again this week after a several week hiatus. Feels good to get back into it. I'll hit it harder next week if this cold ever decides to leave me.

I also started reading what is known as the Bible of Ethiopian adoptions: There Is No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene.

The author, Greene, has adopted four Ethiopian children herself and she writes about the story of a middle class Ethiopian widow whose home became a refuge for hundreds of AIDS orphans.

You can read more about their remarkable stories here.







Francis Chan, author of Crazy Love, one of my top five books of all time, also has a new book out that I am loving: Forgotten God.









My friend, Michaella, who is adopting from Bulgaria, also came up with a great idea for making the adoption process a little easier for our little ones to understand. Until you actually have a child to look at and talk about and name, the whole process can be really ambiguous for small children. I loved her solution and will definitely be stealing it!

Speaking of names...we have already started on coming up with ideas. While boys names are relatively easy for us...girls names are much much harder! We don't even have a single option. Not a one.

Good thing we have a lot of time, huh!

Jeremiah is off today and tomorrow with a relatively free schedule...depending on how Ezra is feeling we might try to get a free sleigh ride in tonight. We also have an adorable gingerbread house to decorate (if I can keep the kids from eating all the candy).

Happy Weekend to you!
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

I can't believe how fast everything is moving for you guys - so exciting!! Thanks for the "shout out" :)

George said...

YOU ARE GOOD!

I'm so impressed with how quickly you've gotten things done. I'm not quite at the same point yet, but hope to be by month end.

I have been meaning to take that book out at the library (there's no me...). I'll do that this weekend, thanks!