Swiftly Fly the Years: Eli Cade turns Eleven

By | 10:16 AM Leave a Comment
Eleven.
I can't even. (But, I have to.) 
This means I have had 8 years to be his Mom. Gah. Eight?!!!!
He is still the sweetest, but, oh my...his sassy side is definitely screaming showing these days.
He still loves sports, movies, salads, and spicy foods.
His favorite subject in school is history and he likes reading historical fiction.
He LOVES Red, the family dog.
He is my best helper.
He would rather play basketball than almost anything.
He still asks the most random questions.
His best friend is Ezra. (They are currently together on his special birthday Daddy breakfast because Eli insisted on inviting him.)
The reading "click" happened last year...but this year he has found his writing "click" and I LOVE how he is learning to express himself through his words.
He had grown 3 inches in 6 months and his feet are bigger than mine now!
He still makes the craziest faces.
You will never meet a more easy going boy.
Or a more loved one...




He loves this scar running down his face, which he got from a cousin + thorn bush incident.
 He says it makes him look tough. 



Eli Cade,

Goodness, you are so crazy ridiculously awesome! We love your laid-back go with the flow attitude and your enjoyment of simple things. I have learned so much from you. I say it every year, but every year I mean it more: You are my hero. You work so hard. You don't need to be in the spotlight, but quietly shine at whatever you do. Your Daddy and I are so proud of you...and so grateful to be your parents. Your life is such a testimony to the faithfulness of our God.

Happy happy birthday, sweet boy of  mine.

I love you.

Love,
Mom
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: