the February's of life (with a side of life synopsis)

By | 7:51 AM Leave a Comment


I wrote the following words last February, and I could have well have written them yesterday:

       Ministry wise, this month has been full of the "behind the scenes" work that is necessary to prep and prepare for the rest of the year. Training teams, buying tickets, planning meetings, building new partnerships, taxes, follow up, and so on and so forth. You know...the tasks that aren't exactly picture worthy. Yet, I know how everything else that happens the rest of the year hinges on these things, and so we find joy in the important yet unromantic work that is filling our days. Besides, Jeremiah is out of the country for a portion of every month starting in April through the Fall...so I'm just enjoying having him around while it lasts!

Word for word, people.

I've learned that moments like these are built in months like these.

We are thick into the meaty section of our school season. The rhythm has been found, the end of year is a bit off, but not too out of sight. Overall, despite some challenges, it has been a great year! I think I have finally and really and truly found a good groove for each kiddo (and myself!) with their curriculum and schedule.

Well, except for Zoe...but that's a whole other blog post. 

Once upon a lifetime ago when school involved just one kiddo and my biggest challenge was keeping Ezra from eating the math manipulative's.

All three big kiddo's are playing basketball this season, and oh-my-goodness, I had NO idea how much fun basketball was to watch when you have a dog in the fight! And Zoe is cheer-leading. Sort, of. But that's a whole other blog post.

In general life, we are in the process of buying a house. We have a contract on a house in the area and if all goes well are set to close and move the middle of March! I can barely contain my excitement at the thought of having my own house again after years of transitions. Barely. I wanted to fill up at least five lines with exclamation points after that first sentence. True story. 

I wrote this time last year that the biggest challenge in my life was the elusive quest for balance. I learned a hard lesson last Spring about the difference between a good yes and the best yes. But, the key word in that sentence was learned. I'd like to write about about that learning process for myself at a later time when I can actually cohesively think through it...but for today, I'm just thankful that I am able to look at my calendar without an internal feeling of panic and dread. 

And so, in this season which is both repeat and brand new, I can't help but feel a sense of excitement of things to come. And contentment for where I am. 

With a side order of wishing for one more good snow storm before the Spring arrives?!


Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: