Be Happy!

By | 4:14 PM Leave a Comment
Ella is in a funny stage right now where if she senses even the slightest bit that either me or Jeremiah is upset she asks us if we are happy.

I can unknowingly sigh or have a frown on my face and she will ask me...Mommy, you happy?

I always answer with a yes.


Sometimes I have to explain to her that, "Mommy is frustrated because you seem to be having a really hard time remembering to obey this morning", or, "Mommy is sad because __________". I have then been trying to follow that up with saying that even if Mommy is frustrated or sad, that doesn't mean I am not happy. Mommy is always happy because I know that God loves me!

We'll get to the happy vs. joy explanation when she is a little older =)

I want it to sink in, even at her early age of two, that true happiness is not tied to her circumstances...but, is rather found in a relationship with her creator.

I am grateful for her questions of my happiness because 1) She is aware of and sensitive to my feelings (a very rare moment in an egocentric toddlers life!) 2) It causes me to remember the simple yet life-changing fact that I am loved by God.

Yes, Ella...Mommy is definitely happy.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: