Monday, January, and Spring

By | 11:31 AM 2 comments
One of my favorite things about the Lord (can you have favorites?) is his ability to give me a clean slate.

Yes, I know there are consequences for every choice I make and every sin I commit...but there is ALWAYS the promise of hope found in Him.

I think that is why I love Spring so much. My heart literally overwhelms with creations display of new growth and life in what was just dormant and dead days before.

I think that is also why I like Mondays too. Did I mess up last week? Did I lose my patience at my kids or forget to love my husband the way I should? Did I slack on my quiet times? The promise and hope of a new week with a new chance to depend on God for the upcoming days... and to meet my God-honoring goals.

Perhaps this is why I like January too. All the bustle of the holidays are over and there is a return to routine...and the opportunity for change and hope in that new routine. A healthier lifestyle, a commitment to a balanced budget, a renewed vigor for a self-disciplined life.

The ultimate hope of an eternal life found in Christ is cause enough for me to be overwhelmed by Him...

but, I am thankful too for the hope found in my springtimes, January's, and every single Monday.
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

Heather said...

O.k. so you have made me look at Monday's a little differently. Thanks! I usually dread Mondays. I don't do "housework" on Sundays, so you can imagine. Today is even worse. Everyone but me and Andrew are sick. :-(

Anonymous said...

what an encouragement! and such a positive way to look at mondays! thanks! :)

ps ask jeremiah about the excellent message he left me this morning!