Time to come out of the closet...

By | 8:54 PM 5 comments
I hate to admit it.

But, I think it's time.

Ok, here goes(gulp):

I am a coupon-a-holic

and a

CVS-a-holic


That wasn't so bad. I feel better now =)


Yes, it is true. I have become that person that I never thought I would. And the funny thing about it is that I am loving it! It has become a new hobby for me...this saving loads of money and getting free stuff thing. I have always considered myself a frugal person and love looking for deals, but this is a whole new level.

I ventured on this frugal-journey back in early May. I decided I would give the whole coupon and CVS thing a try. And to be sure that I gave it a fair go, I decided to commit to doing it for three months. At the end of the three months if it was too much work, was taking too much time, or I just wasn't liking it, I could walk away from it...guilt free.

Well, it has now been 4 months and there is no going back now =)

Our average grocery bill before May was between $100-$150 a week for our family of four including diapers and all toiletries. Today our average grocery bill is $50-$75 a week. We haven't cut back on nutritional quality or cut corners on the quantities...if anything, we are eating better now than we ever have and have way better toiletry items =)

There are 3 main helps I have utilized in doing this:

1) Weekly newspaper coupons
2) Printable internet coupons
3) Numerous frugal-help web-sites. Below are my favorites:
  • The Grocery Game -A website designed to show the best deals at the grocery stores you shop at.
  • Money Saving Mom - A great resource for CVS/Wal-Mart/Target deals, and a lot more! Click here for a great CVS 101 article for those of you interested in getting started.
  • I Heart CVS - Get a sneak peek at all the CVS ads weeks in advance
As a stay-at-home mom this is my way of feeling like I am being a wise steward of our resources and stretching our dollars.

So, be warned. Since I am officially out of the closet you just might see some new posts about some of the deals to be had.


Newer Post Older Post Home

5 comments:

I am SOOO proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! I completely understand your addiction...and I'm here for you. :)

Heather said...

NICE!!! Love the post.

Kelly Via said...

~clapping~
Welcome, Jennifer Hambrick

I do understand!! Addie and I are addicted! Thank you Jenn!! AND....on the way home from church yesterday we stopped to get a paper...from the guy on the corner at the exit...he's there EVERY Sunday! His papers are onle $1.00!!! So we found our papers 50cents cheaper too!!! thank you Lord!! ;-)