swiftly fly the years: Eli Cade turns ten

By | 7:36 AM Leave a Comment

Two hands. 
Two whole hands.
This boy is two whole hands old.

Oh. my. goodness. 
This kid...
He's the best.

Sweet.
Silly and goofy. Still makes faces all the time.
Sports loving. (Basketball and Soccer)
My history buff.
Adventurous eater.
Hardworking and always helpful.
With an underlying gentleness in all that he does.

For his special day he requested sushi, a game of Settlers of Catan, and root beer floats.  

He bears no resemblance to the tiny little guy that we first met almost 7 years ago...
And my heart towards him is nothing but a testimony of the Lord's faithfulness and grace and abundance. Nothing but a testimony.

Sweet.

Silly.


My Eli Cade,

You are 10 today! And you are still one fiercely loved little (not-so-little) boy! We are crazy for you and your gentle go-with-the-flow attitude. You continue to grow in so many areas and your Daddy and I are so proud of you and how hard you work. Your silly faces, shoulder shrugs, dream re-tellings, and game playing abilities add so much life to our family. I write every year that you are my little hero. And every year I mean it more. I'm so glad I get to be your Mom.

Happy, happy birthday!

I love you,

Mom

p.s. You still have the cutest curls and button nose. And I will forever embarrass you by saying it every year.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: