A Lost Ninja Warrior (on the 8th anniversary of Haiti's earthquake)

By | 7:53 AM Leave a Comment
** A re-post that I will always be re-posting. I first wrote this in 2010, just days after the earthquake that devastated Haiti. I mourned for an entire nation and for a sweet little boy we had just befriended. This week, 8 years later, I still mourn for a nation that has become more than a "project" ...it's my second home, filled with family and friends and memories. Certainly not a $%!&hole to me. However, I don't mourn as one without hope...seeing how the Holy Spirit is moving and working within the people of this nation has filled me with hope and expectation for what Jesus can do in this broken yet beautiful country.

And because I'm a momma who lost a little one and I know the powerful healing it brings me to remember her life, I forever want to remember the life of the lost ninja warrior that made such an impact on me.**


 _______________________________________________________________________

I want to write about Peterson.

Because I know it is easy to look at all the news stories and pictures and just be overwhelmed by the tragedy and all the people in Haiti affected by the earthquake.

Yet most of the people remain nameless to the vast majority of us.

Peterson's life was not just a number...

When we first arrived in Haiti and made our way to Sherrie's house one of the first kids to greet us was a skinny boy in the gangly stage that all school aged boys hit.

He was missing his front teeth and had the most sparkling eyes.

And mischievous smile.

Jeremiah quickly realized that he had an instant companion in this boy.

Peterson stuck by our side the whole time we were there and wasn't afraid to lend a helping hand during our construction project.

Ok, maybe not helping so much, but he sure added to the fun!


















After about half a day he warmed up enough to show us his ninja look...

You know, the kind of look that just sends chills down your spine because you know he is about to unleash all fifty pounds of his ninja fury onto you =)








































Then he got his buddies got into the ninja act too. Now we were really worried...






























He had friends.

He had a mom.

He had siblings.

He will be missed.

Luke 12:6

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?
Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: