January Journal

By | 4:07 PM Leave a Comment


I'm not sure why, because I normally love this month, but January felt like it had 74 days in it...anyone else?

But, we made it through...and, February is here!

Some January highlights:

I read a lot last month. Like a lot, a lot...for me. There's something to be said for long dark nights. I made a goal to finish any unfinished books in my kindle, and made quite a dent. Also, our library has a staff recommends section and I made it through several of their picks. That was fun, as it stretched me to read beyond my norm.

Some of my favorites:

Image result for how to have that difficult conversationImage result for the uncommon reader alan bennett Image result for the last runaway tracy chevalier Image result for glenn stanton loving my lgbt neighbor

I had a trip planned to Haiti in January, but Jeremiah ended up having to go without me as our whole crew, including myself got a case of the crud. I kept my pity party to a minimum and managed to redeem the week. And, full disclosure...I think the Lord knew I needed to miss my hubby. 

January is a big school month for us. We pack a lot into these long grey days.

In between piano breaks for this 10 year old dude...

We loved "The Greatest Showman" movie and Ezra insisted on learning the music to it!

I'm a little late to the bandwagon (story of my life) but I am now fully in love with online grocery shopping. Kroger's clicklist service has been a life time saver!

Reading is really "clicking" for this one...I LOVE watching this stage unfold!

Halfway thru basketball season! 

We enjoyed time with our Via cousins home on furlough from Uganda. We are sad to see them head back home...





Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: