the truest story, 2019

By | 4:34 PM Leave a Comment

I've seen a lot of sauntering into 2019,
messages of work harder, 
do better,
be your best self, ever,
B.A.M.

At first glance it seems good,
positive,
inspiring, maybe?

Yet, I know the truth of those stories. 
They ring hollow,
for they rely on...well, me

And I know me.
I've been let down by me more times than I can count.
I've been disappointed by me more than I'd care to admit.

Here's my true story,
not exactly Instagram-worthy, but what I've come to know as trustworthy, 
solid, and that which will never ring hollow.

My prayer and cry as I welcomed this new year...

Gently reveal the lies,
bring the false stories to the surface,
for though I appear capable on the outside:

In myself I do not have the strength 
or the wisdom or the ability
to accomplish the tasks to which I am called for this new year of life.

Apart from the very Spirit of God breathing life
into my incomplete and sin-tainted efforts,
apart from the Father blessing and 
multiplying
my inadequate offerings,
apart from my Lord meeting me
in my stumbling attempts at faithfulness,
no good work will come to fruition,
no achievement will endure,
no lasting benefit will come of my labors.

And so I must come repeatedly
to the end of trust in my own strength,
that I may avail myself
again and again of His strength.

- Every Moment Holy


I am seen and loved,
fully known,
given a ministry, a message,
surprised with a joy I cannot explain,
even on the darkest of days...
Give me the courage to show up as myself in 2019. 
For I am one desperately living in my weakness and resting in His power.

This. Is. My. Truest. Story.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness," Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9




Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: