It happens.

By | 7:54 AM Leave a Comment

It happens.

I find myself burned out and spread thin.
Everything becomes a big deal and my soul feels heavy, my feet lead.

My kids laughter and hilarity irritates.
Toys left out on the floor annoy.

And then it happens.

I realize that, yet again, I have been doing too much and savoring too little.

My agendas have starved my soul. Their souls.

I cry out to God when the realization hits, begging him for his great big gulps of fresh air that bring life back to my body. I breathe deep for what feels like the first time in a long time. I close my eyes with contentment. I allow the Holy Spirit to fall fresh on me, fill me, shine out of me once again.

My priorities re-focus.
My joy returns.
My kids laughter and hilarity bring a smile.
Toys left on the floor still annoy, but in a contented I'm glad for their creativity kind of way.


And I am filled, once again, with the hope and promise the day holds.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24





Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: