beyond the face: John Kerry

By | 7:01 AM Leave a Comment

Name: John Kerry

Age: 5 years old

Favorite thing to do: Give the boy a ball/balloon/rock and he is good to go. I have never seen a kid more able to entertain himself with just a ball than him. 

Favorite thing to get in trouble for: throwing rocks/balls at other kids, ha!

Favorite food: pumpkin soup (and any kind of sweet treat!)

The phrase "all boy" certainly is a fitting description for John Kerry. He loves to wrestle, play with cars, drum, and as mentioned above, he loves anything sports related. With that said, he still loves a good cuddle. He is super affectionate with me and loves when I can take a few minutes and rub his back. He often will come and bury his head into my stomach and wrap his arms around my back and stay there for a few moments...then he is off again to play. He makes the best facial expressions and loves to sing/clap/dance at devotion time. I won't be surprised if he doesn't grow up to be one of the drummers at the mission. There is a coordinated physicality to everything he does...drumming, throwing a ball, etc.

I wrote before that when we first moved to Haiti he and I had a tough start to our relationship...but, as usual, the Lord changed things up for us and now, I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for him. 

Ok, maybe more than a bit.

Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: