swiftly fly the years: Eli Cade turns 9

By | 8:58 AM Leave a Comment
I can't let the month roll by without documenting that somehow my little tiny Ethiopian 3 year old with the huge eyes and frowny face turned 9?!!

Our first picture of Eli.

I get asked all the time if Eli is "that sweet" all the time.
My answer is no, he is only that sweet most of the time.
He can pick on his little sister with the best of them and knows how to instigate a fight out of Ezra...but he really and truly is the most laid back, easy going, sweetest little boy I have ever met.

And I'm so stinking glad he's mine.

He is typical 9 year old in that he loves legos, Star Wars, and soccer. He is atypical 9 year old in that he never has to be reminded to do his chores, is the first one out the door to help me carry in groceries, loves salads and vegetables and spicy foods, is super meticulous, and still sleeps with his beloved stuffed animals. (I hope he doesn't hate me for publicly admitting that one!)

He requested a few buddies to come up to the house to ride the go-cart and play lazer tag for his special day. His dinner of choice consisted of meat loaf, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and applesauce.
And his "cake" was a plain cheesecake with strawberry topping.































Eli Cade,

You are one sweet and funny and loved boy! We are crazy for you and love your gentle go-with-the-flow personality. You have grown so much this year, in all areas...and Daddy and I are so proud of how hard you work. You are my little hero and your life is such a strong testimony to the faithfulness of our God. 

Happy happy birthday! 

I love you,

Mom

p.s. I will forever frustrate you by telling you how much I just love your curls and cute button nose =)
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: