memory monday: walk humbly with my God

By | 7:17 AM Leave a Comment
This is my 7th attempt at a blog post over this past week.
I don't know what is wrong with me...I start writing, then stop.
Mind blank.
I can't get my brain to finish a thought.
Or I do, but them I'm like "no, that won't do."
I'm struggling with feeling "relate-able" anymore.

I read through my facebook feed and it is filled with dance recitals, weddings, graduations, baseball games, and so on and so forth and I am genuinely happy for all my friends and family and seeing all that is going on in their lives.

I just can't relate right now.
At all.
This season of life in Haiti is making me a bit out of the loop with mainstream life.
Okay, honestly...a heck of a lot more than a bit out of the loop.
And I'm good with that.
Mostly.
Except when I'm not and feeling a bit isolated.

But then I remember that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing for this season.
I remember Who I am doing it with and Who I am doing it for.
I remember Who is walking with me in this season.
And He gives me the strength and the joy to keep doing it.
For one more day.



He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? 
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. 
Micah 6:8
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: