i've got peace like a river

By | 4:14 PM Leave a Comment

Perspective.
It's a funny thing.

When your husband calls you (who has all the kids with him) and you hear that "tone" in his voice and your heart drops.

Surely it's the worst.
In a nano-second I go there...where the worst would be.

Instead, I hear, "We had a pipe burst while we were out and have a major flood in the house."

Bam.

Perspective.

It's just a flood.
It's just an inconvenience.
It's just stuff.

Yeah, it's a major-pain-in-the-butt dealing with the clean-up and the current 15 industrial fans turning my home into a literal tornado, but I can't help but feel a sense of peace restored.

In a season where I am inundated with the constant pounding message that I NEED MORE STUFF, my stuff has been relegated to it's rightful place in my life again. And what is important and eternal rises back up to the top.




















Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, 
and where thieves break in and steal. 
But store up for yourself treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroy, 
and thieves do not break in and steal; 
for where your treasure is there your heart will be also. 
Matthew 6:19-20

Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: