Memory Monday

By | 7:46 AM 1 comment

Be still and know that I am God. 
Psalm 46:10

I am in a season at the moment where everything feels hard. It could be the exhausting nature of keeping up with a 15 month old who is bent on being a 2 year old already. It could be the pressure I put on myself to make sure my house is clean and organized, a foreboding task with the above mentioned 15 month old. It could be the two 5 year old boys that want to wrestle ev.er.y.wh.ere. Usually at a noise level that is slightly higher than I would like. It could be the 7 year old with her 4,000 emotions that constantly need help being sorted out. It could be my 31 year old self with my 4,000 emotions that constantly need help being sorted out. It could be the pressures of the holiday season with its demands for decorations and...well, you get the point.

Life just feels hard right now.

Silly, I know.
We are all healthy, in love, etc.
Things could be worse.
I did just return from Haiti, so I know how much worse things could be.

But I can't seem to shake the feelings of overwhelment that seem to come upon me very frequently these days.

This verse has been my mantra, the balm to my soul the past few months.

Not in a mystical I must empty my mind kind of way. The context of this verse is a reprimand against nations not submitting to God in the midst of nations warring against God. It is call to be in awe of God as sovereign ruler and to recognize his might.

I am learning that there is only one thing in my life that must remain organized: my attitude. If there is external chaos (think 15 month old un-decorating the tree, two 5 year olds making brother sandwhiches out of themselves and the sofa cushions, a 7 year old who just wants to go cry in the corner, and a to-do list as long as a roll of toilet paper) but my mind is still (focused on God's sovereignty and might) then all is well.


Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.

The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Psalm 46:10-11





Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Heather said...

Great post. Thank you for continuing to be "real." I can so relate to many of the things above. I'll pray for you as the Lord brings you to mind.

Run with endurance...