Not Me Monday

By | 8:10 AM 8 comments
I did not lock myself out of the house with the van keys inside...

With all three kids dressed in their Sunday finest.
On the one day of the week when my husband is absolutely unable to come rescue me.
During a downpour of rain.

Oh no. Not me.

And I did not yell "oh, crap" when I realized the predicament I was in. Only to have three sets of little voices repeat that sentiment. Over and over. And over again.

And I did not allow those three little ones to play in the rain and find slugs and snails to keep them occupied and happy while waiting to be rescued. Because they certainly weren't in their Sunday finest. And my children are tidy children. They don't enjoy getting dirty.

Nope. Not me.

p.s. Don't worry...I eventually was able to get a hold of a friend who graciously found Jeremiah at church, got his set of keys from him, and came and rescued us.

p.p.s. No slugs or snails were harmed in the making of this fictional story.
Newer Post Older Post Home

8 comments:

Sheri said...

That explains why Ella came to me yesterday and told me she was so tired. The child had a workout before she even made it to church.

I can't believe you said "oh crap" in front of your children! What kind of mother would do that?! Not me:)
Glad you finally made it to church.

Kathleen said...

This is a Not Me Monday story that really needs to be accompanied by pictures :-)
Glad you got rescued sooner rather than later.

Erin said...

AND you made it to church on time?? impressive.

Oh believe you me...I would have loved to have had my camera with me to help me pass the time, er...document this story!

yeah, wish we had pictures...

:)

and i would have TOTALLY given up on church at that point...

I think since the pictures are missing this calls for a
re-enactment!(oh crap, did I spell that right?) Names could be changed to protect the innocent...

Kelly Via said...

Wow, Jenn, what a morning! I, too, am one of those readers that wish you had your camera for such an occasion. Way to have a great attitude about it, we'll just minus the "Oh Crap!"