Holy Week, continuing on

By | 9:01 PM Leave a Comment

Historically, extra effort was spent cleaning house by the Jewish people on the week of (or weeks leading up to) Passover. Everything was to be spotless in preparation for this holiday. 



For us, we have always set aside one day during Holy Week as our clean house, clean hearts day. 

A spiritual Spring cleaning, if you will. 

We spend some time working together as a family on some cleaning tasks, and we talk about how Christ is the one to make our hearts "clean." 

Now that my kids are getting older (and three of them have personal relationships with Jesus) I can actually go into depth on these subjects (who knew that day would actually come?...). I took some time to talk with each of the big ones on what it looks like to go the Lord when your heart needs some cleaning. I shared some simple prayers I pray when I feel distance from the Lord, or when I know I have messed up. Needless to say, I know those prayers by heart. 

My kids aren't perfect. Their mother isn't perfect. We mess up over and over. And over again. Therefore, the training on how to get things right with God are a needed lesson...for all of us.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10


Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: