New frontier

By | 8:07 PM 2 comments
In our old house Ella and Ezra had separate rooms. In the new house we have four bedrooms, but two are on the main level and two are downstairs. Call me overprotective, but I just didn't feel comfortable with them being so far away at night. At least while they both are so young.

Therefore, we made the decision to have the kids share a room once we moved.

It's now been 3 nights since they've been sharing and it's been interesting =)

Warning: this is probably way too much information for this subject.

Ella loves going "to sweep wif Ezra". They've had no issues going to sleep at night. Even the first night when we put Ezra down earlier than her (some days it's all I can do to get him to the 7:30 mark) she did really good at staying quiet while we tucked her in later. Now the past two nights they have gone to bed at the same time and done really well. Ella actually insisted on going to bed tonight an hour early just so she could "go sweep wif Ezra". It's now 8:30 and I haven't heard any more renditions of "this little light of mine" in a while now. Looks like she finally fell asleep =)

No issues waking each other up through the night either. Whew.

Getting up in the morning...we are going to have to work on that.

Ella has always been a pretty late sleeper. It's not uncommon for me to have to wake her up at 9 or even 9:30. Ezra takes after me and is my early riser. He is usually awake at 7, but plays pretty happy until I get him around 7:30-8. However,the last 3 mornings we ALL have been up BEFORE 7.

That makes for some cranky kids. And parents.

Not sure what to do to get them to sleep later? Maybe it'll just work itself out once all the newness of the house and room arrangement have worn off?

Or maybe I am just destined to be up at 6 from now on. Yikes.
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

the broomes said...

We have yet to make the room-sharing transition...but I know it's coming...and I fear it. Please let me know how it continues to go.

I can't wait to see pictures of your new beautiful house. It sounds like y'all have done tons of work!!!

Kelly Via said...

Tasha and I have both noticed that if the room is darker, all the kids seem to sleep later:)

Example: When our kids slept up the the boys room (upstairs, lots of sunlight) at the Vias and Josh and Tasha's kids were downstairs in the dark dungeon room...our girls were restless, and awake...their kids were snoozing away...

Just a thought...