Wow, my first official blog posting from Haiti!
I am still a bit in shock that we are here...life has a surreal halo around it at the moment.
All the travels went amazingly well. Everything went smooth, the kids did great, and we didn't even lose one piece of all our meticulously packed luggage...thank you Lord!
We ended up spending the first night at Our House of Hope (Jeremiah's parents ministry compound) because our house here in Haiti is not quite ready for us. Jeremiah and his dad have been working there all day and we hope to occupy it sometime later this week.
What a blessing to have my in-laws here!
Here's the kids in front of the chapel on the mission...
|Obviously, they weren't too excited for me to make them stop for a picture, ha!|
Specific prayer needs for this upcoming week:
- Ease of adjustment for the kids (and us!) to the heat and climate change.
- Efficiency in getting our Haiti house set up and secure.
- Acceptance and trust from the Haitian mission staff and for all the mission kids to warm up to us.
- Wisdom, patience, and extra measures of grace for Jeremiah and I to tenderly shepherd our kids through this transition.
- And finally, obviously, that we shine the love of Jesus to everyone we come in contact with!