the click (on boys and reading)

By | 8:01 AM Leave a Comment

It's happening...

I like to call it the "click."
You know, that moment when the lightbulb comes on and reading becomes easy, natural, desired.

For my boys this has been a slow click, not the sudden rush that happened for Ella.
More of a process than a moment.

And I am so okay with that. I've seen the natural progression, seen the small steps, and am now finally watching the fruit develop as they discover the joy of losing themselves in a story...


And so, for moms of boys out there, I just wanted to throw the reassurance out there that it'll come, in their own time, not to worry...just keep reading to them, keep good and interesting books available for them, let them see you reading, and make reading a priority in your lifestyle...

And one day, it'll click.

Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: