the need meeter reader

By | 3:24 PM 1 comment


I have 4 children.
Who all need attention.
Some of those attention needs are easy to meet...an empty belly is filled, an itchy back is scratched, a scrape is bandaged.

Other needs aren't so easy to meet.
Or even harder, some needs aren't even visible for me to know to meet.

Because we all know how good kids are at accurately interpreting their emotions and then calmly voicing those needs to us parents. Pro's.

If I could invent a machine (after I invented a teleporter, of course) I'd invent a need reader that I could hook up to my child and show me that ________ has a need for ___________.

Just think of the scenario's it would help with:

Oh, you are scared of monsters in your room and that is why you'd rather pee in your bed than get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom! You have a need for a flashlight and an extra nightlight. Done. Problem solved.

Or...

There have been a lot of changes in your routine lately and you are feeling out of control and that is why you are clingy and whiny and want to be held at all times. You have a need for some stability and routine and normalcy...so lets say no to those extra play dates and appointments and hang out at home for the next week. Done. Problem solved.

Or the needs that my Eli has.
Needs that I don't feel like I am doing a very good job meeting.
The deep, dark, tucked away without a voice needs that were created because of early neglect and mistreatment that don't necessarily expose themselves in any way, shape, or form that makes any kind of logical sense.

Yeah, a need meeter reader would be a great help.

Anyone else want to help me on that one?!

My teleporter mock-up. "Off to Nana's you go..."


Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Heather said...

Praying for you sister. You're a great momma, the Lord will be your guide.