Today I had my first experience calling poison control.
Yes, it was for Ella.
She decided it would be fun to eat her tube of tinkerbell toothpaste. Not the entire tube, thankfully, or else we'd have really been in trouble.
However, until today I had no idea that the "sodium fluoride" in toothpaste is toxic to children.
Go read it on the back of your tube of toothpaste:
"If any amount of toothpaste is swallowed, more than used for brushing, immediately contact your health care provider or poison control."
Of course, I looked up what sodium fluoride can do to children. Scary things.
Hmm...and they market this with bubble gum flavoring and cartoon characters on the outside?
We were fortunate that she didn't eat enough to have any cause for concern. We were just told to have her drink some extra milk.
Oh Ella, if it's not stitches, it's swallowing coins or eating toxic substances...this girl is really going to keep us on our toes =)