here goes

By | 8:42 AM 1 comment


The holidays are over. Finished. Caput. A memory.

The decorations are put away, the Christmas carnage has found a home, the goodwill pile has been given away, and only the icicle lights on the porch remain.

(I've decided that since we live where nobody sees us that we can leave them up as long as we want. We aren't those people if nobody can see it, right?)

Real life began again this week.


Except our real life is sort of a new one for us. Uncharted territory.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. I am.

I am having to hourly check my feelings against the truth. I am having to be intentional about being thankful (because I've learned that gratefulness eats up anxiety for lunch).

If you had told my 25 or 30 year old self that I'd become a self-supported missionary at the age of 33 I'd have told you that you needed to lay off the weed.

Then again, if you'd have told me at 18 that I would be a mom to four, homeschooling, and finding a satisfying hobby in gardening I'd have probably told you to enter a mental facility. Those things were not on the trajectory I had charted.

I love it that God does that...For I know that it has made me dependent on Him, creating intimacy, which is the source of my greatest fulfillment in this life.

So, here goes...

I've got a day ahead that is filled with school and helping my husband prepare for his trip back to Haiti next week. We are excited that he will get to visit with those 40 kids we poured our lives into last year as well as bring some supplies and lay a lot of groundwork with Jim and Debbie for the upcoming year.

Here's a link to a video of the kiddo's at Have Faith Haiti Mission enjoying their Christmas day. I know we loved getting to be a apart of their celebration, if only by sending presents and letters. I know that several of you who read this blog also sponsored kiddo's, so I thought I'd share the video for all to see.

Happy Friday everyone!


Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

mommajeane said...

I loved watching the kids in Haiti celebrate. Sweet precious children.