opposite poles (but together in spirit)

By | 7:46 AM Leave a Comment

Jeremiah is on a jet plane at this very moment while I am up at my mom's for the week.

Zoe told me yesterday as our family took off in separate directions, "Daddy's going to Haiti and we are going to the North Pole!"

That's about what it feels like...as it's terribly cold at the moment up here. I might have been a tad jealous as I watched my hubby pack only shorts and t-shirts and a bathing suit for his trip while I have an entire arsenal of coats, hats, gloves, scarves, socks, socks, and more socks.

Ah, the age old question: Where exactly do socks disappear to?

I might have also been a tad bit jealous thinking of what Jeremiah gets to do over the next few weeks. I will always remember the day the playground got finished at HFHM and we let the kids loose on it...and we saw 40 kids slide and swing and climb and figure out the firemans pole.

I told him that he had better take a lot of pictures!

Despite my initial jealousy, I have purposed in my heart to enjoy this time flying solo with my four. They are my mission field, my first calling, and I pray for the same passion to be applied as I parent them and love them well over these next few weeks.
















As much as I hate splitting up, I LOVE what we are getting to be a part of!



Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: