mr. golden sun

By | 4:14 PM Leave a Comment



It's Monday and the sun is out!
As in, grab-your-sunscreen-its-never-looked-brighter out!

Oddly enough, my three youngest are fast asleep?
And my oldest is at a sewing class at the moment.

I'm going to pretend that the fact that the boys are sleeping in the middle of the afternoon on the first sunny day in eons is just because they are wiped out from church yesterday and co-op today...and not getting sick. Leave me in my bubble, please.

So, of course, I made a mug of tea, snatched a pumpkin muffin, and am enjoying these precious few minutes of quiet.

We are a month into this co-op thing and so far so good. The kids are having fun and learning things and making new friends. I am finding it comforting being around other kids my kids age and realizing that...well...my kids just might be more normal than I first thought. Or not.

Thanks to all the rain, I was able to finish up several books I had gotten sort of bogged down with. All of them were (mostly) great reads, but I was seriously in the middle of 4 of them at the same time (which I never do?!) and was just putting all of them off rather than finishing them.

I finished up:

Give Them Grace, by Elyse Fitzpatrick & Jessica Thompson
Tattoo's on the Heart, by Gregory Boyle
For the Love, by Jen Hatmaker
The Boy in the Suitcase, by Lene Kaaberbol

The kids and I are also almost finished up with the Dahl classic, James and the Giant Peach, which has turned out to be a super fun read aloud. My kids are speaking my heart language when they beg for "just one more chapter" at bedtime. It's the ONLY time I ever get talked into staying up. And they may know that, but I'll keep believing its because they are really into the story. Leave  bubble #2 alone.

I bought a bunch of flower bulbs to plant and I feel like such an old lady getting so excited over planting them this week.

Also, thanks to the rain I actually baked a few things that weren't terrible. I'm not a bad cook and enjoying making dinners and experimenting and trying new recipes. Baking is a whole other story though and I've had some historic flops. I think it has something to do with the fact that you have to be so darn precise with baking...


Happy sunshiny Monday everyone!



Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: