We've both learned a lot about each other over these past five years. Some things I have learned NOT to do:
1) Don't antagonize him right before bed or HE WILL sing all 5 million verses of some old hymn he knows
2) Don't buy him an outdoor thermometer for Christmas. Stick to presents with cords.
3) Don't try to stop him from mowing the lawn - it's important to him.
4) Don't cock the pictures on the wall or the coffee table from being at a direct parallel to the sofa
5) Don't underestimate his creativity, talents, or abilities...I am continuously amazed at how amazing he is at whatever he attempts. Well, except for plumbing...that's ok =)
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
On the road again... We head up north this afternoon. We are sharing at a church this weekend, but decided to leave a few days early to s...
We celebrated 12 years of marriage over the weekend. We got to spend an entire 24 hours sans offspring (thank you family!) and went to DC an...
The end of the school year is fast approaching. We are finishing up books and subjects one at a time, dwindling down to the very end. Ella ...
We timed our trip last weekend to coincide perfectly with the return of my mom and newest little brother from Ghana. Welcome to the famil...
**This one comes all the way from December of 2011...and I can barely even remember that stage of my life with a 5 year old, 2 four year old...
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (405)
- ► 2009 (430)
- My buddy
- Prayer Request: Update #1
- Prayer Request
- I heart Thursdays
- Conversations with Ella...
- Memorial Day
- Anniversary recap
- Memory Monday
- Five posts for 5 years...post 5
- Five posts for 5 years...post 4
- 5 posts for five years...post 3
- 5 posts for five years...post 2
- 5 posts for 5 years...post 1
- Simple pleasures
- Funny Ella
- Wait just a second there...
- Helper Ella
- Memory Monday
- Oh, the misery...
- Ezra James - 8 months
- Mothers Day getaway
- Memory Monday (on a Tuesday)
- Don't eat yellow snow
- ▼ May (27)