zoe elizabeth: 6 months

By | 5:11 PM 3 comments

Freeze.

Oh how I wish. I wish. I wish. I wish.

I love love love love love love love love love this stage, this girl, this time right now.

Zoe is a bundle of wonderment and wants to be into everything. She is crawling folks. Yes, crawling. As in she is now able to get into the kids toys and scare me half to death by hanging out near the top of the stairs crawling. She is not yet fast or 100% coordinated (thank goodness!) but she is moving.



She is starting to eat some big girl food. Just little bits of what we are eating and some mashed up fruits and veggies but she is really enjoying it.

I like to call this her serious banana face.


























She keeps her mouth open about 50% of the time. Especially if she gets excited about anything.


























I'm pretty sure she is going to have a fly in there come summer if she keeps it up.

She goes to bed around 7-8pm most nights and wakes up anywhere from 6 - 8am. She is very inconsistent with her wake up times, which makes the rest of her day vary a lot...but she generally eats upon waking, is up for 2 hours then sleeps for 2 hours, repeats that cycle again, then up for 3 hours before bedtime. Rinse and repeat. She takes her paci at nap and bedtimes but won't take it while awake for more than a second or two. She is starting to be able to find and put it back in in the middle of the night which is making mommy and daddy very happy.

She makes her brothers and sisters happy pretty much all the time. They fight over who gets to sit by her in the car. They fight over who gets the first smiles from her in the morning. They fight over who gets to go get her up when she wakes up from her nap. For a little girl to be this loved is just incredible.

I think she is thriving from it all.

She weighs right under 18lbs (75%) and is in the 95% for her height. Still no teeth yet. And her hair is really coming in thick now...still dark which makes Eli very happy. And her eyes are definitely going to be a lovely dark brown.

I know I've mentioned a time or two about how loud she can be. Nothing is changing there. We can't wait to see what that first word is. Will it be mama or dada?

After doing this a few times or two I know that I don't have the power to freeze time. Therefore I am truly truly trying to soak in and enjoy every second of this stage with her.

Happy six months our sweet and silly Zoe...

You are ridiculously loved!
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

mommajeane said...

Yes, loved by lots up here in WV land too :)

Stacey said...

Her eyes are a beautiful brown! You can make that her song... your Brown Eyed Girl!

Stacey said...

Not to exclude Ella of course! You'll have to make it plural...brown eyed girlS! =)