spaghetti

By | 5:09 PM Leave a Comment
I wasn't kidding when I said I was going to be blogging less, huh.
This week (and the past few weeks) have been jam packed.
Packed jam.

I (gasp) haven't even taken many photo's lately.

We went up to Virginia and got to visit with our Momma Via while Jeremiah did some construction work. The kids loved their one on one time with their Meme. And Meme learned that she is going to have to "adjust" her $1 for every book read rule for Ella. The girl read 25 books in 1 1/2 days people. Apparently she is kinda sorta motivated by money.

We came home and had my mom, 4 of my siblings, and 2 of my nieces come in town for the huge Kids Exchange consignment sale. We had a blast, as usual, and walked away with great stuff for great prices. I got all of Zoe's winter clothes (as she can't wear ANY of the ones I saved from Ella), birthday and Christmas presents, puzzles, costumes, and shoes for both girls.

Yes, my baby girls is officially wearing shoes when we go out now as she pretty much insists on walking everywhere!

I'm in the throes of planning and organizing my 2012-2013 homeschool year for, gulp...THREE children. The kids are so excited. Ezra asks me every day if he can start school today. I admit, I am kind of excited too. I love learning with them. I really really do. I know I have my moments and feel overwhelmed and ill-equipped, but I genuinely love it.

I got my 2 year post-placement report filed with our agency for Eli for this year. Ethiopia requires a 1month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and then a yearly report for any adopted child until they reach the age of 18. I know I've already written about it, but it really is hard for me to believe it has been two years...and yet, it feels both longer and quicker than two years.

I still have yet to write Zoe's 11 month update.
Can you say denial?
I'm totally living in denial.

She even makes eating corn look cute. A rare superpower.

This is how she eats these days...chillin with her foot propped up on her tray. She's cool like that.

Jeremiah leaves tomorrow to take our students from church to camp. I admit I am not too excited to fly solo at parenting, however, I am determined to make the most of the week. Aka: put on a brave face for the kids. Ella also has a science camp all week, and I will have to be out of the house with all four kiddo's by 8:30am every day. I think this week will remind me of my number one reason for homeschooling.

Kidding.
Kidding.
It's really reason #2.

Here's to survivng (and thriving!) the week ahead!
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: