Fun on a rainy day

By | 11:41 AM 4 comments
It is a rainy day here.

After a full week of lots of sun on vacation, I was kind of excited to wake up to the sound of rain on our roof. It made it really hard to pull myself out of bed though =)

Side note:
Why do they have to show the olympic gymnastics so late at night? And why did I stay up watching it?

What to do on a rainy day?


We just spent an hour playing "airplane" in the bathroom. It obviously doesn't take much to entertain my kids =) This is how it works: We pull 2 stools into the bathroom and line them up side by side. We get "snacks" to pass out during the ride. We turn the fan on for lift-off and off for touch-down. There is a lot of buckling and unbuckling our seatbelts (Jeremiah's ties) and a lot of turbulence =)

We have had a busy hour, flying to see Uncle Moose, Granny and PawPaw, Daddy at Church, Mya and Nana, and lets not forget the very quick flight to WalMart.

What are some of your favorite rainy day activities?
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

Kelly Via said...

Where in the world did you come up with that idea?? Sounds like a lot of fun!! You come up with all kinds of simple and fun activities.

This morning we played the Wendy's happy meal version of "Cranium"...except when Cana drew a card, I just made up questions that I thought she could answer. Then she rolled the dice and counted the numbers on the dice and how many spaces she moved. It was a success and I think she had a lot of fun!!

Heather said...

You are so creative. Maybe that should be your next posting series, "Creative things to do with your children on rainy days." :-) My boys love to read books, so lots of reading today. Oh, and a Curious George movie.

Hmmm, cuddle, cuddle and cuddle=)

You are so creative, I love to hear fun things you come up with!

mommajeane said...

Remember the airplane at grandads and grandmothers? In their dark room... sounds alot like your play with LJ and Molly. Nana will fly right down to her dear ones if I could... maybe in my dreams.