thursday thoughts

By | 4:24 PM Leave a Comment

We've got a few kids down with minor sniffles and coughs this week. I decided to declare a "sick day" today and allow for some extra cuddles, book reading, chicken noodle soup eating, tea drinking, and yes...even some cartoon watching. It's possible that the teacher needed a slow day herself. Definitely possible.

I am currently finishing up a book and don't have another one coming down the pike. Any good recommendations?

Is it too much to ask for one child that isn't so strong willed? Just one? And no, Eli is not exempt...he may not seem it, but he is very quietly strong willed. Zoe is kicking my mommy booty these days, playing the ever so fun game of "guess when I'm going to nap or not nap" or "look what mischief I can get myself into when you turn your back for one second".


Fun times, people.

In other news I attempted to go clothes shopping recently and was rather disappointed with the styles this Fall. I realize that may put me at risk for sounding like 1) a granny or 2) a privileged first world brat. However, the whole navajo or neon look just isn't my thang. Why is it that when I am pregnant all the styles are super cute...and now that I am not pregnant and back to my normal size all the styles are not so super cute? I know, I know...I am a privileged first world brat.

My kids have been all about making up some trampoline games lately. All (not some) of them are crazy hilarious. More to come on that later...


I made the best apple pie the other night. For anyone else jonesing a good apple pie recipe, here ya go:

Sour Cream Apple Pie

Filling:
6-8 apples, peeled and cored.
1 1/4 cp sugar
2 heaping tbsp. flour
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cp sour cream
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 9" unbaked pie shell

Topping:
1/2 cp sugar
1/3 cp flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cp chopped nuts (I used pecans and walnuts)

1. Fill unbaked pie shell with apples.
2. Combine remaining topping ingredients and pour over apples.
3. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
4. Combine all topping ingredients.
5. Remove pie from over and sprinkle topping mixture over the top.
6. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes,

Enjoy!

And now I'm off to get up a supposed to be sleeping Zoe...who, by the sounds of it, is self destructing in her bed.

Happy Thursday!



Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: