Coupon Extravaganza Totals

By | 4:30 PM 6 comments
I headed out this morning with a 4 store plan:

Kroger
CVS
Harris Teeter
Whole Foods

Here's what I came home with:































Total before coupons: $229
Total after coupons: $69
Savings: $160

I took advantage of Kroger's "Mega Deal" sale. Harris Teeter is doing super double coupons, doubling coupons up to $1.98 in value. CVS had a great deal on Ezra's Aveeno lotion.

Whole Foods had my favorite deal of the day though: 2 coupons for a bouquet of flowers and rotisserie chicken for FREE, no minimum purchase required, no hidden catch. Just print out the coupons and present to the cashier.

I did have one major snag at Kroger. I had prepared my deals and printed out several internet coupons...only to be told at check out that they were no longer accepting internet coupons. I (politely) asked to speak to the manager who verified this. In the process she also accused me of counterfeiting my coupons and then refused to allow me to use 2 of my regular newspaper coupons because I had (ever so slightly) clipped off the very top of the expiration date. You could still clearly see that the coupons were not expired.

Needless to say I was very offended.

I actually called the corporate office in the parking lot. They put me on hold and called the store manager and informed her that Kroger was still in fact accepting legitimate internet coupons. They then credited me the difference I was owed.

No apology for the accusations was given and they did warn me that they have been having such a problem with bogus internet coupons that they are considering (in the future) not allowing them.

Such a shame that people who are being fraudulent with their coupons ruin it for those of us who are trying our best to honestly save money.

I digress...

Despite the Kroger experience it was still a fun coupon extravaganza!

Newer Post Older Post Home

6 comments:

just checked out the Whole Foods stuff on moneysavingmom.com...Whole Foods has cancelled the coupons because they were not met to be posted online, only distributed to subscribers. Sounds like more coupon fraud!

Kristen

well despite the Kroger deal...or no deal...YOU DUN GOOD!!
said with my ole montvale twang!
;-)

Jenn that is INCREDIBLE!!! Way to make that money S-T-R-E-T-C-H!

Kelly Via said...

Jenn, sounds awesome! Love that AFTER coupon total, and looks like you got a ton for your $$!! Way to go with all those coupons!

Don't you hate it when you have all your deals planned out and then you have a hard time at the store? So sorry to hear things went sour at Kroger...and to know that you are being honest while being accused of being dishonest...that really stinks! So sorry for that!

Ugh! Sorry you had to go through that at Kroger - no fun!! Good for you for calling and getting it all straightened out! Looks like you got a TON of stuff!! :)

Hokie Girl said...

The internet coupon issue is something I've been dealing with myself. I even reminded the cashiers, managers and corporate employees that there is a link on the kroger website for printables - so how could they not accept them? Good luck!