Strange noises in the night

By | 10:59 AM 1 comment
Jeremiah and I drove home last night from dropping off the kids at my parents. We didn't leave until 9:30pm and it usually is a 6 (or 7 with kids) hour drive for us.

You can do the math and realize that this was going to be a very late night for us.

Most of you know that I am NOT a night person. Around 9pm I turn into a big dead dud.

Sad. But true.

To keep myself awake (besides consuming coffee and chocolate) I did some radio-surfing.

Jeremiah and I have this understanding that whoever is driving gets to control the radio and the temperature.

He roasts then I freeze.

But no one complains because we have an understanding =)

Here was my set-list:

-NPR documentary on 1 year anniversary of the fighting between Russia and Georgia.

- Garth Brook's "I've got friends in low places". The only time I like listening to country is when I am driving because almost every song tells a story so it's a more interactive experience =)

- Carrie Underwood's "Jesus take the wheel". Yes, it was played right after ol' Garth's song...somebody really needs to think about song order on that station.

- More NPR.

- Blackeyed Peas "Boom". Not really sure if that is the name of the song, but man, at about midnight that jam can keep a girl awake. I'm pretty sure Jeremiah didn't appreciate my dance moves while he was trying to sleep?

- NPR some more. Must there really be so much coverage of the swine flu? Really?

- The Jeff and John show. Or maybe it was the James and Jake show? Jones and Jett? Something about a mom in Alaska who had 3 DUI's then was caught letting her 7 year old son drive her home drunk. Also something mentioned about the top 5 sexually active cities in America. I think Houston, TX was number one? What!?

About this point Jeremiah took over.

I think it was more for relief for his ears than to relieve me!

p.s. Can you tell that I am a little out of sorts this morning waking up without my kids here? Its very strange. Productive, but strange. Not sure you can count this blog post as productive. Actually, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't count this as productive.

Better go get productive.


Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Kelly Via said...

You are in rare form I see Jenn...so funny!!

This would have been a good time for me to be with you...since many times when we are together, you are ready for bed at 10 and I am ready to go for another 2 good hours!