Mumbly Monday...

By | 3:16 PM Leave a Comment
Monday. Monday.

It feels strange to start a regular week.

We haven't had regular in a long time. We haven't felt regular in a long time.

I have to admit, I think I am struggling with a little bit of culture shock.

It was such an incredibly intense emotional and physical week in Haiti.

And now. Life as normal?

I spent a lot of time in the word this morning reading over the "portion" scriptures:

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness, I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him."

These meant so much to me last week in Haiti. I didn't feel I could do what we were doing and I would ask the Lord each morning to be my portion that day...giving me whatever I needed to bring Him glory in that day.

He always did. Every day.

Now that I'm home the emotional and physical demands aren't as intense...

But I still need His portion. Desperately. Every day.

And especially on this mumbly Monday as I struggle to sort through all the thoughts and emotions that my week in Haiti brought out.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: