Haiti: Day 2

By | 9:40 PM 3 comments
It was another incredible day here.

I think I'll be saying that a lot this week.

We all have somewhat acclimated (as much as you can) to the heat and were physically more "comfortable" today.

We spent the majority of the day at an infant rescue orphanage. This orphanage is known as the last resort orphanage. All of the children either have HIV/Aids, tuberclorosis, hydrocephalis, or some complication of extreme malnutrition.

None of them would be alive if it weren't for this orphanage.

All of them were so incredibly precious.

Dorothy, the missionary and orphanage director was an encouraging example of the Lord using ordinary people to do extraordinary things. I was blown away by her testimony. I was humbled by her graciousness and hospitality and sincere love she had for every one of the children in her care.

I had the opportunity to lead a bible study for the orphanage workers while the rest of the team watched the children. Many of the helpers work 7 days a week and don't have the opportunity to go to church or receive any formal Bible teaching. I was very encouraged at their attentiveness and patience with my attempts of teaching through an interperter.

Later in the afternoon we headed to another orphanage/school and did some work organizing medicine (how funny that i got to use my organizing skills on a mission trip!), preparing school books for the upcoming session, and getting measurements for a tile project to get underway tomorrow.

Thank you for your prayers.

Continue to lift us up as you think of us this week.
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

mommajeane said...

We are praying for you... and so love to hear about your day. Again the kids ended day in peace and went to sleep easily... Ezra is such a dear with his singing those bedtime songs and Ella and Ava had a fun time playing in Ava's room tonite. I snuck in there and took a picture of them.. I will send it. Did you get the pool picture in my email today ?

Josh Via said...

We're definitely praying for you guys. Great updates. Love you all!

We've been praying for you guys this week. I'm just now getting caught up on your blog and am so glad things are going so well!