Haiti: Day 3

By | 7:30 PM 4 comments
Guess what?

Another incredible day =)

Most of the team spent the first part of the morning moving cement blocks at the school/orphanage. I should clarify (lest the team get mad at me!) that I stayed behind at the guest house to finish up my lesson for the Bible study. I really think (once again) that I got the easier end of the deal.

Mid-morning we headed back to Dorothy's infant rescue orphanage. I started my bible study with the ladies and the rest of the team watched the children. I was very encouraged by the participation of the ladies during our study...I think they felt comfortable enough to ask questions and add comments. We ended with an incredible moving (for me) prayer time where each lady mentioned a specific heartbreaking prayer request.

These ladies are doing a great job with the children at the orphanage. You can tell that they truly care about the kids. They had quite a hard time trusting us "blanks" (white people) to take care of the kids while they went for Bible study. Every so often one would get up just to peek out the window and check up on the kids.

After lunch we headed back to Sherry's school/orphanage to finish up moving the cement blocks. School starts in less than 2 weeks and the entire walkway to the school is nothing but piles of trash and cement blocks. We are trying to make a safe path for the kids to get to their classrooms. I think all of us got quite the workout today!

It is all we can do to shower and crawl into bed tonight.

Praise the Lord we aren't even hearing the roosters and wild dogs anymore at night =)

Thank you again for your prayers.
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

mommajeane said...

Just smiling.. thinking of all those orphans getting loved on by the team... check my blog for pics of the kids... it is easier to share the pics that way and quicker for you to bring up... love you all and tell everyone hi for us. Ella's favorite part of the "trip" today was playing at LJ with her dogs :) It was a great visit.

Kelly Via said...

Wow, its awesome to get to read about what you all are doing every day! Great updates, Jenn! Sounds like things are going really well there; I know you all are such a blessing to everyone you are working with, and vice versa as well! Isn't it awesome how that works?

Miss you here in the states and praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are going well! We are praying for you guys...thanks for the updates!

Kristen

Wow what a GREAT day! I am so glad you were able to go this week, Jenn!

Also glad you aren't having to hear the roosters and dogs and you can sleep better.