the first day

By | 7:39 AM 6 comments
Yesterday was our first official day of school. And despite my morning moment of "i am not sure i can do this"...we had a great day. I realized within a few minutes of teaching that Ella is a sponge and is going to keep me on my toes.

The boys too...but in an entirely different way =)

Growing up, on our first day of school we would always read the book Stone Soup and then we would make it ourselves for dinner that night. The competition between my and my siblings to see who got the stone in their bowl was something fierce. I loved that tradition growing up and have extremely fond memories of those first days of school. I think it wasn't the book or the soup...it was the tradition of it. Familiar and comforting.

Wanting to start our own tradition for our family Jeremiah and I decided that we would do donuts for dinner for every first night of school. So last night that is just what we did...drove down to the local donut shop and enjoyed a round of sugar circles. The kids loved it. (and maybe us adults did too).

Here are a few pictures of the day:












Newer Post Older Post Home

6 comments:

Meg said...

looks great!

Renae said...

Fun ages to teach:)! Love the pics!

So proud of you, Jenn! You are such an awesome teacher:0

Proud to be able to steel some of your ideas;)

_ said...

Ahhhh!! You're saving my life! What are those pegs called? One of our therapists uses them with Little Miss and she loves them and I think the other kids would too. She said she's had them for ages and couldn't remember the name of them. I can't believe you're posting pictures of them. So funny.

Glad you had a great day!

Stacey said...

What gorgeous kids! And I love the picture of Ezra, gritting his teeth, painting! He is intent on getting the apple on the page! Love it! =)