Thursday Thoughts: Ella McKay Edition

By | 1:34 PM 4 comments
Ella's big into making soup these days. This creation was dubbed "chicken soup" by her yesterday.You know you want some. (and yes, this was the outfit she wore all day.)






























She has been falling asleep in random places recently. Like earlier this week I found her passed out on the living room floor while I had been cutting coupons at the kitchen table. Who knows how long she had been like this.
















I am very excited to start kindergarten with her this fall. Kindergarten. Geesh. Where did this little 5lb peanut go?






















I have a planning weekend scheduled in a couple of weeks to plan out our school year together. No kids around...just me and two full days to get a plan together. Sounds like bliss to me.

Sidenote: Its funny how my definitions of bliss have changed over the last few years.

Ella loves Eli and Eli loves Ella. She is incredible with him. Maybe a little bit bossy at times. I am just so proud of how she has transitioned to being the big sister of two little brothers. She inspires me.

She asks me every day if she is still four and a half. She is antsy for that five mark.

Not me.

I miss my peanut. (but am so proud of the four and a half year old she is.)
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

Let me know if you want to look through my school stuff...its just sitting in the garage so you're welcome to borrow any of it...

She's getting so big! Love the outfit :) Oh to be a kid again!

Keesha Via said...

Haha it is funny that she is into making soup too. I was the same when I was her age, and I made some nice concoctions. One time a made a beauty that smelled like poop on a dead animal, and the stench didn't leave the yard till my dad had to burn it. Awesome!

john mckay said...

Hi Ella
My name is John McKay as was my fathers. He had a sister named Ella and they lived in the Bronx NYC.
I wonder if we might be related?
bjon79@live.com