Thursday Thoughts (on Friday): Surviving the first 2 weeks

By | 10:03 AM Leave a Comment

We have all officially made it through the first two weeks since Zoe's arrival. Which means that Zoe is two weeks old.

Huh?

I think that each successive child just grows up a little bit faster.

Miss Z is doing great. She is so far a really easy baby...eating well, sleeping (newborn relative) well, and overall just going with the flow. We go tomorrow for a 2 week check up and I am excited to see how much my chubby checkers weighs.

I am feeling pretty good as well. Tired, but good. I had to go back to my doctors early this week for some bleeding issues and found out that my uterus had never contracted back down, but after 2 days on medicine I am feeling so much better.

After 13 days straight of company and lots of helpers around, I officially "flew solo" this week. I may have burst into tears the moment Jeremiah came home from work with exhaustion...but we all made it through the day alive. All the help has been WONDERFUL, but at the same time I was ready to test my wings and try this whole mothering four kids thing. It is not the most graceful yet, but I know we will get there.

One way we will get there is by enforcing some child labor...




































I also highly recommend having a super dad around. Here he is getting ready to take the older ones on a bike ride...

























And since it has been all over the news...yes, I felt the earthquake this week. I have to admit I kind of freaked out. I had all four kids spread out all over the house (and one outdoors) and I panicked not knowing who to go for first!

Oh, and there is a hurricane on its way this weekend. Little Zoe will have lived through a earthquake and hurricane in her short two weeks of life. Crazy, huh.

Happy Friday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: