From Poppyseed to Pumpkin: Watermelon Week

By | 10:00 AM 4 comments

Now, I know a good bit about watermelon.

Like...how absolutely DELICIOUS it is. Nice and cold and juicy. Probably my top craving of the last two months.

Ezra doesn't complain about that at all.

I have to admit that I am sort of in a state of disbelief that I am still pregnant. Not in a bad way. I am actually surprising myself with how patient I have felt. And while I am certainly uncomfortable and oh so so so so so tired of the random comments from strangers about "being ready to pop"...I don't feel any more uncomfortable than I did at 8 months or so. It all just blends together, ha!

I know that this will be my last week pregnant as I am being induced this coming Thursday, August 11th, if she doesn't come before then. Having an "ending date" in mind is really helping with my mental state and making me be more intentional with the kids and getting all those last minute little projects done before her arrival. And knowing that my mom will be here already takes care of the what-happens-if-it-happens-in-the-middle-of-the-night anxieties. Having three other little ones makes a big difference in the planning aspect of having a baby!

And yes, it is no secret that I am a planner. I love to plan. Live to plan. And then groan with pain each and every time my well laid plans are stripped away.

Hmm. Brings to mind a verse I would just as soon forget was in the Bible...

Many are the plans in a mans heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Prov 19:21

Yep. Fingers in ears on that one.

So, here we go...my last and final belly shot of this pregnancy:




































I hope you noticed my swollen feet. No swelling up until this week. And of course, the peek-a-boo bottom of the belly because all my maternity shirts just don't quite cover things anymore, ha! Yep, it's time.

Zoe Elizabeth...we are so excited to meet you!
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

JustBAMom said...

Keeping you and your family in our prayers. Love and lots of (((HUGS)))

How exciting! Not much longer now.

Praying for a safe delivery...

Tanya

Briana said...

ready to pop? ha, you are barely showing my dear. ;)

Keesha Via said...

Ummm . . . Gorgeous! I think any woman would look at this and want to be pregnant. You def make this look good : )