thursday thoughts (on friday)

By | 8:31 AM 1 comment

Nothing says family togetherness like a jaunt on the ol' trampoline.
And I do mean all of us this week, even our extra's.
Love the cheesy smiles in this picture...


























We embarked on a small backyard redo early this week. Otherwise known as operation de-swamp the backyard. We aren't finished yet, as we still need to seed everything, but I am thinking it looks pretty good. And hopefully will cut down on all the mud. Also, this picture gives you a picture of our new fence.


Apparently, one has to add mud to get rid of mud?!

Speaking of redo's...I never wrote about my new kitchen floor. My old kitchen floor was...um, not so lovely. Hunter green faux marble linoleum. Yes, ugly. My new floor is mucho lovlier, especially since yours truly and yours truly's sidekick did it themselves!


























Finally stopping at 3am because it is just easier to work without the littles around. And I'm sure Jeremiah would want you to know that I did not stay up till 3am. I would still be recovering if that was the case. I am not a night person.






































This is what it looks like to work with their "help".
Oh, and this is an almost finished picture. Forgot to take an official finished picture.
I think I was distracted or busy or something.

Have I mentioned before that Jeremiah is the man when it comes to home projects?!
He is.
And he is mine.
All mine.


I feel like our kitchen is very happy to be in the correct decade. Our countertops are now feeling the pressure, but they will just have to wait their turn. In the scale of ugly the floors were a 9 and the countertops are just a 5. Priorities, people.

All four kids have been suffering with a weird virus this week. They all have had random fevers and coughs...some worse than others, some lasting longer than others. But there has been no reverse peristaltic action (vomiting, for those of you not so up on your digestive system terminology) so I am choosing not to complain.

Here's to a lovely weekend filled with (hopefully!) healthy-er kids and beautiful weather...

Happy Friday!



Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

the floor is awesome, tile scares me with all the boys and wrestling we have. but nice work! love the trampoline shot! :)