thursday thoughts

By | 8:04 AM Leave a Comment
We are days away from April.
Yikes.

That means the heat of Summer is on its way. And fast.
I'm still enjoying Spring too much.

Although all these spring rainstorms we have been having has shown us that our little backyard re-do was only a band-aid for the swampy swamp situation. We had to call in the heavy artillery this week and hope to have a functional backyard again soon. (Emphasis on the soon!)

The van broke down too this week. Transmission issues. Ugh.

I took the kids to NC State's Farm Animal Days this week. Ella and the boys got to climb on tractors, hold baby chicks, bunnies, lambs, and see calfs, foals, and newborn kids. (billy goats, not the two legged kids) You might say that Ella was in heaven. And of course I took pictures. And of course my SD card decided it was a good day to die.

Have I mentioned that it has been one of those weeks where everything seems to be breaking?

Count it all joy...

I got a hair-cut last night. Ahhh. I only get my hair done 3x's a year, so I always feel like a new woman afterwards. I played with the idea of a real real cut (short bob)...but I chickened out. I feel like me and my hair are really good friends at the moment and why mess with a good thing? Ella went too and got a trim. Upon sitting in the chair she decided that she wanted a real cut. But I pulled the Mommy card and said no. Normally I don't care and let her totally decided on hair decisions...however, all I have been hearing about (in regards to her hair...) is how she wants to grow it out long and she has never had long hair and so on and so forth. She was a little upset at me (but Mom, it is my hair!) but I think she will thank me this morning. Right?

And because no post is complete without a picture. Here are some I took this week that just make me laugh. They are blurry and fuzzy but I feel like it reflects exactly where these kids are. Not that they are blurry or fuzzy, ha!

Let me explain...

1) Zoe was fussing because she didn't want to be contained. The girl is busy these days. B.U.S.Y. Don't fence her in.

2) Ella has been all about wanting to match with Zoe lately. They have 2 matching outfits because their sizes are so far apart and it is really difficult to find them. She insisted on me getting these pictures that day because they were matching. Too cute.

3) Ezra never wants to be left out and even though Ella clearly told him that these were a "girls only" set of pictures he managed to scoot his way into them.




Don't worry, I'm not neglecting Eli...he just wasn't home at the time we took these pictures.

Happy Thursday!


Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: