Memory Monday

By | 8:11 AM 1 comment
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:39


Excerpts from The Ministry of Motherhood, chapter 6, Inspiring a Sense of Purpose:


Jesus' work in a persons life always begun with a call to leave behind the goals, purposes, and distractions of this world and to say yes to a whole new way of life, a new way of thinking. There is no return to "normal".

By Gods standards my children will be successful in life if they are willing to love and follow Christ wherever they are asked to go. And that is an attainable goal. What he has called us to do he will give us the ability to complete.

I can train.
I can teach.
I can strive to be an example.
But it is Jesus who calls them, just as he calls me.
And they, in the end are the ones who must make the choice to follow him into extraordinary life.

Jesus,

Help me to understand and remember how brief my life on this earth is. How quickly my children are growing up. Help me not to get so bogged down in the mundane parenting tasks that I forget to focus on my children's hearts or your kingdom. More than anything, give Ella, Eli, Ezra, and Zoe a passion for you and your purposes. Amen.
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am reading this book right now! I picked it up from my sister in law, can't wait to read through it