thursday thoughts

By | 8:08 AM 1 comment

The heat is on. (cue cheesy 80's song...)

It is a good thing our pool opens this weekend as it has felt like Summer all week. I went to the store with the kids to stock up on the three S's of summer supplies:

1) sprinkler
2) sunscreen
3) squeeze pops

I came up with the bright idea to put the sprinkler under the trampoline and Oh. My. Gosh. that much fun should be illegal. A trampoline that is slippery?! Yes, please. And of course I jumped with them. They still think its cool that I can do a flip and they can't. My plan is to keep that going for the next 10 + years. One up them on the trampoline and I'm golden.





I wish.



The post jumping induced book time was nice too.
Although you can see from the picture that Zoe makes is making it hard for Eli to get into his book, ha!

I sprained and/or broke Jeremiah's toe last week jumping in the trampoline. What can I say...I'm a beast. It may or may not be the 2nd bone I have broken of his in our 15 years together. 2 bones in 15 years isn't so bad? Right?

I realized recently that we have been together for over half of my life.

Ca-razy.

We are now the proud owners of the same blue bessie (our Honda Odyssey)...however, she is sporting a brand new transmission. Its just so hard to get excited about money spent on a car. I'll take $3,000 and spend it anywhere else and at least feel like you've got something to show for it. With a car...it is still just a car. I know, I know... I sound like the spoiled American that I am.

It is nice to be back to a 2 car family again. The one car thing is harder than I thought. Although I didn't mind the excuse to stay home more. And we really made some headway on reaching the end of our school year. June 1st here we come.

Happy (HOT) Thursday!





Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

mommajeane said...

I don't know why but the last pic...made me miss them. I can see them in your home reading and hanging out like I remember the last time I was there...Love you all.