the irony of my fourth child

By | 7:13 AM 1 comment

With Zoe, I finally feel like I learned how to just accept and enjoy and wholeheartedly embrace exactly where she is in her development.

I didn't resent the lack of sleep or frequent nursings during the newborn stage.
I didn't rush to introduce "real" food.
I never pushed her to roll over or crawl or walk.

However, there is extreme irony in this...because...Zoe seems unable to just accept and enjoy and wholeheartedly embrace where she is in her development. I feel like she has been in a hurry to grow up and keep up with her older siblings ever since she was born and has done pretty much everything significantly earlier than the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

And I'm not ok with this.

So maybe I'm really not able to just accept and enjoy and wholeheartedly embrace where she is in her development? Cause she is developing way too fast. College will be here in 5 minutes.


Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

DeeDee said...

I love reading your posts Jenn. Your honesty and transparency and heart for the Lord are so evident. Thank you for sharing so regularly where you are in "life". I have such joy when I see the pictures of your children with you and Jeremiah...thanks for sharing! Remember you have a standing invitation! Love you!