thursday thoughts (on friday)

By | 7:08 AM 3 comments

I will begin this post with some pictures that demonstrate how much fun my kids (and our neighborhood friends) are not having on this very 1st week of summer vacation:






Spaz kids, I tell ya.
Having no fun at'all.

My boys learned to swim this week. Like really swim with no flotation devices or coaxing or supervising by me. I am excited as this lightens the pool bag considerably. However, my mom alert is always on high now as they might have a tendency to exceed their own limitations. Yikes.

There is something about all that extra activity that make my hungry kids even more hungry. I'm afraid I am going to have to open up a new line item in our budget designated to "after-pool food".

I am also already slightly tired of sandwiches. One can only eat so many sandwiches a week and I think I've met my quota for the next month. Anyone have any creative lunch solutions for options to take to the pool? I'd love some new ideas!

Ella started swimming laps with me this week. Laps?! And the girl can really stick with me! Talk about some good exercise.

Back to the subject of food...I'm off to the grocery store as my cupboards are as bare as old mother hubbbard's.

Happy Friday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Erin Snyder said...

eli has the best funny faces ever! awesome pics! :)

tortilla rolls (tortilla turkey cheese rolled up, cut, toothpick) instead of sandwiches, carrots and hummus, pretzels and spinach artichoke dip, those are all things my kids love at the pool. frozen grapes. pita and hummus. awesome pics!

mommajeane said...

I know Ella is a crazy dancing fool and so is Eli but my that Ezra is a dancing fool for sure...Love the pics.