Jumble

By | 7:00 PM 13 comments
What size shoe should I pack for Eli? How much money do I need to bring to convert into Birr? What was the name of that website that gives the current exchange rate? A cookout milkshake sounds really good. I wonder if I have any ECB's I need to roll before I leave? Maybe I should pack two pairs of shoes in different sizes. My throat is a little scratchy. I hope I'm not getting strep. I need to remember to call the doctor to bring a supply of antibiotics for strep in case one of us comes down with it while we are gone. What kinds of snacks should I pack? Will Jeremiah's iphone battery last the whole 15 hour flight over there? Will he like us? Will I like him? Should I bring lice shampoo? What kind of lotion should I bring for Eli? Are there potty chairs at the guesthouse? Am I ready to be the mommy of three? Is Ezra going to share? Which camera to bring? I want to bring the DSLR. But. I don't want to worry about it. Probably should bring the point and shoot. But. I really want my DSLR. I really need to plan out the kids packets for each day we are gone. I need to get Levi groomed before we go. Mmm...milkshake. Oh my Lord...FIVE DAYS. I know he likes eggs. Need to make sure to have eggs at home. Adapter. Converter. What if he doesn't attach? Batteries. What if he freaks out on the plane ride home? What size pull ups? Maybe I should bring three pairs of shoes? No. Overkill. Two. I'll just bring two. And socks. FIVE DAYS.

(just a one minute glimpse of my thoughts this week)
Newer Post Older Post Home

13 comments:

Heather said...

Yes I am tearing up. I am so excited for you and I can't imagine all the thoughts going on. We will be praying for your trip.

I can't even imagine...

Loved this post Jenn!

Kurt said...

Yes, Yes, probably not, yes, yes maybe so,.....

Bring the big camera and extra batteries...you'll be sorry if you don't. When is the next time you will be going to Africa? When is the next time you will be adopting a charming Ethiopian boy?. Bring 2 pairs of shoes. Iphone probably won't work anyway. I love you guys...

the broomes said...

I love this post too...how are you even winding down at night?!!? I'm praying for each of you...and so excited for the Hambrick fam!

Pam said...

Love your jumbled thoughts!! So excited for you!

Renae said...

TOTALLY get what's going on in your head!! Cause it's happening to me too!!!:) Praying that all goes smoothly and beautifully in Ethiopia! And don't wear flip flops..I hear there are a lot of dogs around:).

Kelly Via said...

Wow, I am getting anxious feelings just reading that post!! You are doing awesome, Jenn, and you guys are going to DO awesome with Eli! Be sure to get that milkshake...and I'd take my DSLR for sure ;)

3 pairs of shoes could work...

Loved the post! I can't imagine how excited and anxious you must be to finally meet Eli! WOW! So excited for you guys! It won't be long now . . .

Keesha Via said...

OH we are getting soooo excited!

I agree with Kurt & Kelly - bring the camera! Praying for all of you!

ok, so i am feeling more convinced to bring the DSLR now =)

Briana said...

this is good, you are in a good place. I feel like you have a good handle on things (not kidding).

my advice (not that you asked)

-bring the DSLR (you will be glad you did)
-see if any of your friends have one of those handy ipod chargers or is Jeremiah bringing his laptop? do you have a laptop? if so, or can borrow one, might be good for charging ipods, watching movies (for you or Eli) just a though
-2 shoes is good, he can always wear two pairs of socks if needed.
-Ezra will be fine, it will work out
-Eli will love you and Jeremiah. Hello?! You guys are the most lovable people ever...ok, except Jeremiah. just kidding. sort of. no really i am.
-found this, hope it's helpful http://www.exchange-rates.org/currentRates/F/ETB
-when in doubt, leave the gun, pack the cannolis.

love you, will be praying. Remember, this is a blessing, it will work out.

Emily said...

Out of all of that I can help with one... don't worry about eggs. There will be some hard boiled, some not, in your fridge when you get home. Along with plenty of dinners and yummy desserts!

The next time I see you, you'lll be a family of 5! We'll be praying for you guys!